Thursday, February 24, 2011

Lunches past


Vegetable soup with home-smoked ham.
Note the whole clove of garlic, which will disintegrate into the soup as it cooks. 



Brown jasmine rice, cucumbers, home smoked ham and cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden. The dressing is sour cream, blue cheese, dijon mustard, lemon juice and horseradish. Sounds intense but it delivers a muted really complex flavor that really brings out the good in food.



One of my favorite ways to eat! A bowl of pasta with an ear of fresh corn and a sheaf of romaine.


Another great way to eat: fresh tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers from the garden.

 Not a great picture but a great meal. Sauteed dandelions and potatoes and onions.


Slabs of home cured hot smoked bacon


Tortellini (store bought, sigh), tomatoes and herbs from the garden, sauted chard and a roasted beet.


A smoked chicken leg with purlsane


If there is a better lunch than this I don't know what it is. Fresh tomatoes, peppers, herbs and plums just picked from the garden. A chunk of good bread and a glass of cider...



PIZZA!

A throw together lunch: leftover fried turkey tenderloins, apples dressed with walnut oil, an avocado and some of that sour cream concoction I mentioned above.

I didn't intend to publish this foto when I took it. Notice the chomped on apple core!

No comments:

Post a Comment