On old French saying is 'Any idiot can make a roast. It takes a genius to make leftovers taste good.' I think the secret is to have good leftovers!
Today we have a plain, undressed salad, leftover pork tenderloin and a whole wheat tortilla toasted over a flame.
Since the salad is not dressed a) it has to have good ingredients and b) the pork has to be well seasoned. The pork is dressed with a little olive oil, a sprinkling of lemon juice and some vinegar from Trappey's Pickled Tobasco Peppers.
It's a great lunch with lots of crunch, low in calories and fat and with a snack I'll have later should keep me going until the end of the ballet tonight, somewhere around 11 pm.
Lord knows what I am going to eat tomorrow. I have a gig at Stanford in the morning then I have to run to play the ballet. Hmm, House of Falafel is right on the way...
No comments:
Post a Comment